Monday, August 6, 2012

Here are some of my favorite birthday cakes I've done over the past couple years.

1) Lightning McQueen Cake!!! My son was/is still obsessed with Disney Cars and Lightning McQueen. I made this one for his 2nd birthday. I bought a race car cake mold and used Hostess Ding Dongs for the wheels. The eyes, mouth, etc., are fondant. And of course, I replaced the #95 with #2 to make it more personalized.


2) Superman emblem cake - your basic sheet cake with the Superman emblem made from fondant.


3) Buzz Lightyear - What kid doesn't like Buzz? Again, another obsession for my son. I made Buzz out of fondant and used green airbrush spray for the background.


4) Monster Truck Cake - Chocolate whipped frosting and crushed graham crackers and Oreos for the "mud". the flag deco on the sides and flame are made out of fondant. I bought the matchbox cars from the $1 store and had my son smash them a little with a hammer, which he loved. Added a little "smash action" myself with the red monster truck sliding off the side. This was fun to make!


5) Princess Crown Cake -  This is your basic 2-tiered cake covered with white fondant and colored fondant details. Bought the crown at the toy store and whoala!


6) Princess Castle Cake - The towers are merely fondant covered paper towel rolls and the tower roof tops are sugar ice cream cones. The rest is fondant and frosting!



7) Pink Skull cake - The inspiration for this was obviously the party decor theme we bought from Birthday Express. Froze the round cake and after a few hours cut into skull shape. That's about it!






No comments:

Post a Comment